Whoever says they perform their best under pressure is likely deluding themselves a bit. Letting deadlines pile up, managing too many projects at once, and just generally trying to balance too much work will make you and your brain work harder, but certainly not smarter. Worse still, people who choose to adhere to lifestyles which involve high levels of stress are prone to crash, or become spun out sooner or later. The more intelligent workers will take a hand in managing their stress before it sinks their state of mind, and at Associates in Chiropractic, we are in the business of helping you do just this. Chiropractic technique will help correct spinal imbalance and regulate the nervous system which helps you work more optimally, and massage technique aims to release tension that builds in muscles as a natural side-effect of a busy lifestyle. From here, we help you find techniques to manage stress down to the most micro level to keep it out of your life. Here are some techniques for on-the-job management of stress:
- Green tea > coffee: green tea contains anti-oxidants and a chemical called L-Theanine, which helps inhibit anger and promote calm.
- Honey: fights inflammation in the brain which causes stress.
- Cooling down: if your blood is already boiling, you may not need more hot liquid, but a cool towel applied to the wrists will help cool you down and soothe any irritation.
- Chewing gum: clinical studies show that you can literally chew to decrease anxiety.
- Squeezing stress balls: let the ball absorb your tension, then put it in a closed drawer away from you!
- Massaging yourself: acupressure points and simple stretching can go a long way to keeping stress from wracking your body, which is a natural side effect of mental stress.
- Getting outside: vitamin D and a vigorous walk do wonders for boosting productivity and alleviating stress
At Associates in Chiropractic, we are your well-being specialists. Starting with our treatment in-office, we set you forward on the right foot to tackle whatever stress comes your way, and we always have your back!
Dr. Albert Stabile, D.C.