- Stretching before and after: focus on simple stretches that can be done from the office chair- releasing the neck and doing gentle body rotations are a good place to start.
- Practice good driving posture: Facing straight forward, sitting upright with hands at 9 and 3; you know the drill. You can make it easier by using a rolled up jacket to maintain the lumbar curve.
- Wear comfortable shoes: why torture your feet while commuting? You can change into stiff shoes when you get to the office.
- Practice deep breathing: and tense your muscles while you’re at it to keep tension at bay.
- Enjoy a healthy snack: a piece of fruit tastes great and makes you feel great on the road.
- Engage your brain with a podcast: learning something new can be nicer than listening to the daily news.
By practicing these tips, you can reach work with a refreshed attitude rather than a head full of stress. At Associates in Chiropractic, we believe that prevention is the best medicine. However, if the demands of commuting have wreaked havoc with your body, give our office in Hackensack a call to schedule an appointment today. We can start unwinding layers of muscle from tension, address subluxation and nerve imbalance and send you on your way to a happier commute starting today!
Dr. Albert Stabile, D.C.