Fitness and fun are not mutually exclusive entities
For people who feel like getting fit is a drag, it’s time to start thinking outside the box. While we are not all made to hit the gym 3 times a week or be religious runners, we still need all of the benefits that come from regular movement. A key way to reap these benefits is to keep fitness fun, so stop and ask yourself: what activities do I truly enjoy? It could be the scenery of hiking or the childlike joy of running around a field playing a team sport. The idea is that you encourage brain and body to crave exercise by promising them something fun.
Devote this spring to making fitness fun
Break the mold of fitness as a chore by considering these ideas for making fitness fun again:
- Backyard games: playing catch, frisbee and backyard golf can get your heart rate up and keep you moving while enjoying sports with the family.
- Try something new: what have you always wanted to try and what is stopping you?
- Change up something standard: sick of running around the track? Mix it up by running the same length through town or in a park with more varied scenery.
- Video games: modern video games have the advantage of getting you out of your seat and moving if you so choose.
- The brain is a muscle too! Exercising it with activities like playing an instrument or doing something crafty is another great way to burn calories.
Fun is the primary goal; fitness comes along with it!
At Associates in Chiropractic, we want to help you get excited about fitness this spring. We can help break you out of the stiffness of winter and get your body in tangible shape for choosing whatever activity your heart most desires. Give our office in Hackensack a call to schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Albert Stabile, D.C.