Nothing ruins a vacation quicker than back pain
Traveling takes us out of our comfort zone and this means something more significant when you already live with back pain. A long trip comes with a fine line between excitement and trepidation at the thought of hours spent in transit. At Associates in Chiropractic, our goal is to help you minimize discomfort while traveling so you can have the best time possible despite your condition. Read on to find out how.
Traveling pain free
This is our first set of tips for maintaining maximum comfort during your travels.
- Stay hydrated: hydration helps maintain good circulation, lubricates the joints and keeps you at full range of motion.
- Choose supportive footwear- don’t underestimate how much time you will spend on your feet. Custom orthotics can save your feet and your spine a lot of trouble.
- Take care when lifting: don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Get up and move- mid-flight is a great time to stand up and stretch. If possible, focus on the releasing tension in the hamstrings with a standing hamstring stretch. This will relieve pain in the lower back.
- Travel prepared- bring NSAIDs, ice and heat patches and anything else that will help you keep pain at bay.
- Bring a back support pillow: this will become your best friend in any travel scenario. You can use it to provide support for the lumbar or neck.
Ensure the healthiest trip possible by seeing your chiropractor first
Chiropractic adjustments can often set you out on the right foot by ensuring that your spine is aligned and free of painful nerve impingement. We help you resolve lingering problems and prevent pain from becoming a part of your vacation memory. If you are interested in finding out more, give our office in Hackensack a call to schedule an appointment today.